If there’s one thing I hate, it’s bad, blotchy makeup. But, sigh. We’re all working girls, sweating through our tasks of the day. Getting our makeup to stay perfect throughout the day is one heck of a challenge! And don’t even get me started on those after-office parties.
As a seasoned (if I say so myself!) cosmetologist, a hard working business woman and someone who would prefer a nap over hours of slathering on makeup, I have picked up some tips and tricks to look fresh and pretty throughout the day without much effort. Here are some must-know makeup hacks:
1. So you look like a zombie because you have dark under-eye circles. Use a primer (a darker shade than your skin tone) BEFORE you put on your concealer. And voila! Dark circles vanish.
2. Use the wand from your old mascara to de-clump your lashes after you’ve put mascara and then use it to darken your eyebrows.
3. Dry lips pester you? Use your toothbrush to exfoliate them and dab on some nude gloss or soothing lip balm.
4. Heat up your eyelash curler with a hair dryer for a better effect. But be careful and don’t burn yourself!
5. Use coconut oil to remove your eye makeup. Works better and moisturizes your skin perfectly!
6. You have 2 minutes to jump into a cab to get to a party and your face looks drab? Take out your pink gloss and dab it on your cheekbones and eyelids.
7. You’re out of foundation and you have to get somewhere quick without looking like a pale vampire? Use your concealer on pigmented areas. Now use powder to set it in.
8. For easily applied eyeshadow, follow these steps.
Makeup shouldn’t be a hassle to put on. Follow these easy hacks and it won’t ever be. Enjoy!